Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A New Day


"The only constant is change." This saying has reverberated in my brain since I moved back to Connecticut, almost twelve years now. It continues to stay relevant and I must stay flexible in order to move forward. The commercial kitchen I was to use for my business is no longer available. I have had to make alterations to my plans accordingly. My focus is to now sell my house and while I wait for the sale, to continue development and research on my cookies.

I must also finish ridding myself of belongings. As with the return of the birds, I am daunted by this task. While Steve was sick, immediately after my mother's death I had to clear out her house. It took over a year and with much help from Steve, his family and friends. The basement alone took a tremendous effort and over three months. Luckily my own house is less cluttered. But it still contains an enormous amount of things and offers many questions: What is to be kept, what is to be sold and how and where and when... Ten rooms, a full attic and basement allow for unnecessary material wealth to be stored and hidden from view. I haven't fully recovered from my last push. Images of my parents' house still flood my brain. But now is the time to seize the moment and move onward.

No comments:

Post a Comment