Sunday, May 16, 2010

Towards Providence

Another lost day on the blog, but not really. Yesterday I drove to Providence, Rhode Island, that is. Providence is the birthplace of the Baptist Church. I went to visit my friend Helena. She wanted to see a film up in Cambridge, Mass. and asked me if I would be interested. I said "yes." We drove an hour and caught the film just in time. It was titled "Fish out of Water," about how the Protestant clergy viewed the bible's verses that are used against homosexuality and an understanding of those verses. Very informative. We then walked around Cambridge and Boston. I took this self portrait in a bank. It was wonderful to be in a city again and see non-angry people on the streets. We then drove back to Providence. We may not have been saved, but we slept well and I had a grand time.

No comments:

Post a Comment